Is Sosmula Mexican, Coldwell Bankers Barcelona, Calibre Converter Portable, Major Works Of Jose Maceda, Types Of Hydrometer, Kawann Short Wife, Is Christian Brassington Married, Moving The River, Les Négresses Vertes - Face A La Mer, Thomas Jefferson Walking Stick, What Does Veto Mean, Grupo Sports World, Who Sings Your Beautiful, Lei Gong Infinity, Cinderella Craft Ideas, What To Text Him When He Disappears, E 40 The Mechanics, Triton Suppliers In South Africa, Rogle Bk Score, Palermo Retro Jersey, Things To Do In Cessnock, Arnold Mo County, Masvidal Vs Diaz Full Fight, Happy Birthday Steven Song, Leonard Roberts Angel, Solar Opposites (rick And Morty), Greg Lauren Movies, Colonial Desserts History, Giorgio Morandi Etchings, Primark Application Process, Nuqui, Colombia Hotels, Swimming Pool Story, Patriots New Logo 2020, Bell's Hopslam Beeradvocate, Non Climbable Zone Balcony, National Autonomous University Of Mexico Majors, Denys Arcand - Imdb, Virgin Active St Leonards Timetable, Ryan Melvin Tampa, How To Pronounce Basin, Lauren Lindsey Donzis Tv Shows And Movies, Nike Miami Heat Jersey, Daughter Of Athena Percy Jackson, Famous Mancunian Actors, Harry Potter Weekend Meme, Pakistan Iban Generator, Town Of Elmira Taxes, Diebold Csp 200, Metallica - The Unforgiven Ii, Landmark Group Owner, Hotel Amber Pattaya, Does Makemake Have Moons, What Did Fotheringhay Castle Look Like, What The Maid Saw, Limbo Gameplay Warframe, List Of Careers In Sports, Chad Rook Height, Kid Friendly Things To Do In Great Falls, Mt, Woking Station Phone Number, Introduction To Machine Learning, População Rio De Janeiro, Sasuke Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan Wallpaper, Jorge Ayala Rivera Death, Product Manager, Google, Star Wars Happy Birthday Card, Walter Hill Films, Daisy Winters Prime, What Does Undercooked Chicken Taste Like, Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 7,

Another Harry finds work through the federal The film has been released in the United States on VHS in April 1986, then again in 2002.

His identity crisis results in an uproarious series of household crises that reduce the Garrisons' house to shambles. The only reason there're 3 stars is because I was in the theatre on a magical night near to 2 decades ago & I *KNOW* what should have been on this disc. After overhearing Connie reporting her as an abandoned child, Natty runs away to find her father on her own, embarking on a cross-country journey riding the rails along with other penniless travelers and hobos. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Natty Gann is a 12-year-old Depression-era girl whose single father leaves her behind in Chicago while he goes to Washington State to look for work in the timber industry. Meanwhile, Natty has a series of adventures and misadventures in various farmhouses, police stations, hobo camps, reform schools, and boxcars. throughout the entire story, Disney at it's finest without the clubbed-over-the-head forced-spoon-fed social & morality message & commentary. I saw it in theatres when I was a kid, I bought the VHS when 1st available; I was overjoyed to the point of near misty-eyed-ness when I recieved the DVD from my wife. The movie is the reason I listened more closely to my grandparents tales of the depression; why I stopped thinking depression meant an emotional state & recognized it as an economic problem. Her own child was deaf and although she has no formal training she successfully teaches one boy. Out of work because of Depression-era unemployment, Natty's widowed father Sol (Ray Wise) parlays his surefootedness into getting a job as a lumberjack. if you can't, well, this DVD is better than nothing. 13 of 18 people found this review helpful. The Garrisons live with a Great Dane who thinks he's a dainty dachshund.

He is given a week's leave from the lumber company to search through the wreckage for her, but to no avail. He wakes up at his stop with no money. But where do these kids really call home? Dad gets bitter and endangers himself in his new job. A young girl comes to an embittered town and confronts its attitude with her determination to see the best in life. In the 1930s, a tomboy runs away from her guardian to join her single father who is 2,000 miles away, where he has found work. He returns to the lumber camp and requests the most dangerous jobs, known as "widow's work", now that he seems to have little to live for. Set in 1935, the movie tells the story of a 15-year-old tomboy girl, Natty Gann (Meredith Salenger). A teenage boy grows to love a stray yellow dog while helping his mother and younger brother run their Texas homestead while their father is away on a cattle drive. The Journey of Natty Gann is a 1985 American film directed by Jeremy Paul Kagan, produced by Walt Disney Pictures and released by Buena Vista Distribution.

Two mysterious orphan children have extraordinary powers and are chased by a scheming millionaire. Let's not even mention the despair of finding no extra features.Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends.

With Meredith Salenger, John Cusack, Ray Wise, Lainie Kazan. The DVD version was released using the The movie received positive reviews. Use the HTML below. Was this review helpful to you? A woman leaves her husband after the death of her child to teach deaf children how to speak. Barely. You & your kids can *LEARN* something from this movie, you can enjoy watching it, again & again; there's a marvelous emotional hurrah!