Funny Star Trek Questions, Howard High Movie, April Greiman Art, Picsart Tutorial Background, Jimmy Dawkins - All For Business, Weather-altoona, Pa Hourly, Chattanooga State Address, Kotzebue Weather Cam, Spartanburg County Assessor Qpublic, Valdosta Weather Radar, How To Pronounce Smaug, Alexander Gordon Oxford, Los Banos Enterprise Arrests, Siena College Coronavirus, Birthday Wishes For Amber, Modern Swedish Authors, Johnny Rivers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin, Armadyl Osrs Guide, Funeral Flowers Near Me, Spellbound Computer Game, Cayuga Heights Recycling 2020, Charles Adams Artist, Paa Fola In English, How Many Messier Objects Are There, Treasure Hunt Brawl Stars Duo, Deon Meaning Ethics, Mode Of Transmission, Exeter Chiefs Name Change, Who Is My Mpp Ontario By Postal Code, Edgefield Sunday Brunch,

Rance was a premiership player, five time All-Australian, a one time All-Australian captain, a one-time winner of Richmond's best-and-fairest award and is widely regarded as one of the greatest defenders of his era. He almost made the same call five years ago. Alex Rance has sent shockwaves throughout the AFL community after calling him on his illustrious career after 200 games with Richmond. December 19, 2019 4:54pm; Max Laughton @ maxlaughtonSource: FOX SPORTS; Alex Rance … Such a smart player, superstar.Stunned by the Rance news. Richmond superstar Alex Rance has retired, effective immediately. “Alex, his manager and the Club have been in regular communication about Alex’s future, and while we will miss him dearly at our football club, we understand and respect his need to step away from football to focus on his personal life,” Gale said.“He leaves this Club a highly-decorated premiership player and it has been a privilege for all us to watch him play. Friendly, aspirational... it was clear he was a star in the making. James McKern … In bombshell AFL off-season news, gun Richmond Tigers player and almost inarguably the game’s best defender Rance missed out on Richmond’s Grand Final win in September after ripping the bejeezus out of his ACL in round one. Proud of what you’ve achieved mate, from the black ducks to the Congratulations on an amazing career Alex Rance. One of the best defenders of the last 25 years, and still at the peak of his powers at 30 years of age. One of the greatest defenders of his era, Rance says he wants to focus on his family and his religion. Alex James Rance (born 9 October 1989) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Rance’s ability to manipulate space and assume best body position in defensive contests was some of the best of all time. Was contracted until 2021.Walk-up hall of famer. Thought winning another flag for him would be the key driver for the Tigers next year. Alex Rance has sent shockwaves throughout the AFL community after calling him on his illustrious career after 200 games with Richmond.Alex Rance has sent shockwaves throughout the AFL community after calling him on his illustrious career after 200 games with RichmondAlex Rance (centre) has announced his shock retirement.The AFL world has been left reeling after Richmond’s superstar fullback Alex Rance called time on his career.Fans, players and commentators have reacted with shock and sadness after the shock announcement was made official on Thursday morning.Rance missed the majority of the 2019 season after rupturing his ACL in round 1 and was forced to watch on from the sidelines as the Tigers claimed premiership glory.He informed his teammates of decision on Thursday morning, opting to step away from the game and turn his attention to his family and faith.“I am someone who will always give their best to what they commit to, and I’m proud of the time, energy and dedication that I’ve put towards my football career,” Rance said in a “Right now, I feel I have served my purpose in terms of my on-field performance and cultural impact, and I’m so grateful to the football club for their support and care in allowing me to do that in my own unique way.“Now I feel is the right time for me to put the same time and energy into other areas of my life that need it, and to prioritise the more important things to me, such as my spiritual growth, my family and friends.”Congrats on your career Rancey! He did flag this possibility a few years back, but it's still a huge shock regardless! Tigers CEO Please select at least one of the following options to continueBy signing up, you agree to Pedestrian Group's Terms of Service and consent to our Privacy Policy. Richmond Gun Alex Rance Is Retiring From Footy To Focus On His Religion Dustin Martin, Undisputed Off-Season King, Has Finally Picked His Car Up From The MCGIt Appears That 'Amazing Race' Snacks Tom & Tyler Might Be Headed For 'Gogglebox' Next Rance made his Richmond debut in 2009 after being drafted by the Tigers with the 18th pick in the 2007 AFL national draft.He quickly grew into one of the games premier defenders as he shut down opponents star forwards, week after week.His career ends after 200 games, being named All-Australian five times and winning a premiership in 2017.Richmond CEO Brendon Gale paid tribute to Rance by labelling him “one of the greatest players to have pulled on the jumper”.A 200-game career forged against the competition's best forwards. Such a great player.Was fortunate enough to meet Alex Rance just after he was drafted.