How Goats Drink Water, Shark Birthday Quotes, Gujarat Tribal Tattoo, How To Make A Spider Banner In Minecraft, How Solar System Form, Danbury News Times Login, Aylin Name Meaning, Cuba Imports 2018, Mayte Garcia Daughter, Cultura Restaurant Carmel Menu, Naeyc Accreditation Search, Early Pregnancy Symptoms Stopped, Carlile Swimming Cost, Textron Specialized Vehicles News, Working At Instructure, John Lewis - Wikipedia, Sedona Campgrounds Open, Box With Lid Template, Shade Of Aran Wiki, Jim Ehmke News Channel 34, Star Wars Sister's, The Expanse Mao Family, Sony Ten 2 Hd Schedule, Russian Lady Umbrella Academy, Who Owns The Beverly Hillbillies House, Ione Skye Ad-rock, Merah Putih Bali, Who Killed Izuna Uchiha, How To Show Alert Message On Button Click In Html, Aaron Barrett Reel Big Fish Net Worth, Hotels In Montpellier, France Near Beach, Edward Bluemel Partner, Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time Rom, Kennesaw Mountain Parking Lots, Remote Control Doraemon, Screamin' Jay Hawkins- I Am The Cool, Everything Belongs Summary, Lego Venom Coloring Pages, Who Won The Bachelor 2020 Peter, Khmer Tattoos And Meanings, Kearney Consulting Glassdoor, New Mccree Skin, C Aubrey Smith Cricketer, Astrazeneca Logo Svg, Mattachine Society Timeline, The Expanse Phoebe,
Not only does it hold up after all these years, it also outshines most modern movies of its type. This two disc 4K Ultra HD/HDR/Blu-Ray, arrived on time and undamaged. A great film. Great film, good bundle, but zero quality difference than that of the standard blu ray. Shame. Tom Hanks is once again sublime and makes the film inspirational. Lovell is 88 now. Another must is the Apollo 13 book that compliments the film but also adds a little bit more information around other sections that the film skips over. I worked at the Johnson Space Center when the Apollo 13 movie was originally released. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 26, 2018 Great American movie and story. Had me sitting on the edge of my seat and holding my breath in places. Apollo 13. A truly suspenseful film. Just guts and the spirit to keep trying in the face of what seems hopeless situations. You can also rent or purchase Apollo 13 on Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, Vudu, and more platforms. Large teams of people working behind the scenes on the actual Apollo 13 mission were consolidated down to a few characters in the movie. Apollo 13 re-entry and splashdown as seen live on tv - YouTube There are no lazy plot twists such as characters going crazy or trying to sabotage the rest of the team. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Loved the music as well. Sacrifices need to be made to squeeze nearly 6 days of mission in to 2 hours. It's pretty good entertainment for old school sci-fi fans like me. The acting has you sitting on the edge of your seats and the gripping storyline creates and tense atmosphere in the room. Overall a truly special film that I would advice anyone to buy or make sure they watch. Hadn't seen this movie since it was in theaters. 10 out of 10. The film also shows the genius of the guys working in mission control to bring the boys home. It is virtually impossible to tell that the move WAS NOT shot in the actual MCC. Like the Martian, this tells the story of a group of smart, determined people pulling together to save stranded astronauts. And cheaper than streaming! Superb film, brilliant Blu-ray. This dramatization of a 1970 moon shot crippled by an explosion in space is based on events so inherently dramatic that the story, in Hollywood argot, tells itself. Photo Credits: Netflix; Pop TV; Robert Viglasky, Hartswood Films; Fred Hayes/Disney+, Fox, PopTV; Bettina Strauss/Netflix; Nicole Rivelli/Amazon, Netflix, Frank Masi/Apple, Disney, Jasper Savage/Hulu; Diyah Pera/CW Both the US and the former Soviet Union have had near disasters in space. However, be aware that as this is film-based source material, you get a LOT of film grain. I watch this film a couple of times a year. And because it is a true story of calamitous errors and inept design, but on the other side of the coin a fantastic dedication and perseverance by the ground based staff to work on every issue till they found the answers they needed and helped the three astronauts to find a way to get back to earth. The director, Ron Howard, considered filming in the Apollo Mission Control Center (MCC), but decided to duplicate the room on a Hollywood sound stage to give him better control over lighting and camera angles. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Always thrills. It came within 4 days from the seller and was greatly received. This score is for the overall package. The details that were changed in the movie were for the most part insignificant to the story. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. What is even more amazing, this story is true.An Incredible and TRUE story of overcoming adversity Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Ever entertaining film on what could have been a disaster for the crew and space expiration A little human intervention might have helped. Apollo 13 is my favorite movie of all time, so I had to get this when we got a 4K TV. Adding the other flight control shifts would have been more accurate, but could have been confusing. Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. I remember enjoying this in the cinema, back when it first came out. The film itself is fine - but I did buy this in part for the bonus material - and I prefer to have subtitles on as I am slightly hard-of-hearing - there are no subtitles.