Family Affairs Poodles, Triton Name Popularity, Doug Ford Polls May 2020, Ontario Native Women's Association Executive Director, Save The Baby Or Kill Chrysis, Copenhagen Interpretation And Consciousness, Graceland Archives Secret Room, The Expanse Tycho Station Security Officer, Mike Weber Artist, Ceres Boston Address, Abin Sur (flashpoint), Scarlxrd Mask Amazon, Chikurin Tekken Main, Isla Espiritu Santo Tours, My Cake Is Too Dense, Yorgos Lanthimos Quotes, Inheritance Laws In California, How Old Is Kamil Mcfadden, How To Become A Realtor In Mn, Springtime One Or Two Words, Angus Lennie Cause Of Death, Elite Clue Scroll Rewards, What Is The Difference Between Salmonella Typhi And Non-typhoidal Salmonella, Walmart Clayton, Ga, Destiny 2 Reckoning Tier 3, Places To Visit In Tasmania, City Of Cedarburg Jobs, Josh Harder Newsletter, Italian Mythology Female Names, Hugbox Lunch Club, What Is Berlin In German, Sancti Spiritus Tattoo, Eternal Atake Captions, Que Ha Pasado Con Pablo Lyle, Snitches And Talkers Get Stitches And Walkers Lyrics, Inspirational Mac Miller Songs, Cincinnati Zoo Face Masks For Sale, Causes Of Vomiting In Cats, Traditional Taekwondo Forms, Knights Contract Wiki, Vexus Boat Problems, Lye Water Substitute For Kutsinta, Mary Brock Marvel, In Small Doses Idiom, Nadia Turner Net Worth, Sesame Place Hours, Lil Durk Quotes For Instagram, What Is A Temp Agency Reddit, Come Sail Away Chords Piano, Where Did Sharon Choi Go To College, Ff14 Ran'jit Class, Brentwood Hybrid Latex Mattress, Best Monterey Restaurants, Roxanne Weasley Actor,

Geneva Name Meaning & Origin. The name Geneva is a girl's name of French origin meaning "juniper tree". The meaning of the single name Geneva is Old French meaning "juniper tree". She was extremely gifted musically and everyone loved her. Not that that's really a problem :)Geneva is my favorite place name, which was rather unintentional since I like it for its sound and look (sort of similar to Genevieve and Guinevere, both of which I love). Finally, it's feminine without being overly frilly.A gorgeous place name with the sweet nicknames like Gen, Eva, Evie, Eve etc. It's got the added bonus of being peace and justice-related, via the Geneva Accords.

This name may refer to the Juniper Tree in which the Old Dutch name was “Genever” (Gin) which is favored with Juniper Berries.

Would you like to follow Geneva?Unlike its somewhat formal Swiss city namesake, this is a lively and appealing place-name that also has a real history as a female name. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Geneva, try our Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.I love this name, and am genuinely considering naming a child this, admittedly because I have a penchant for classics (Frankenstein), and it ticks all my boxes, I love Eva, and Gen honours a family member for me!! My third baby is due in a couple weeks and this will be her name. Facebook Twitter Google+ Email. Geneva is lovely, sounds classic and elegant, with plenty of nice nicknames, and it would age well from little girl to grown woman.I love this name! (2000 U.S. CENSUS) Geneva reached its top position of #113 in the U.S. during the years 1920-1929, and is presently at #1421. We started out calling her Evie for short but her brothers started calling her Neva and it stuck. I find the name Genevieve too long and stuffy in my opinion. As I was reading possible nicknames for her name I couldn’t help but smile.. I was a Nanny for 2 girls from when they were a baby of 6 months and the other 1 1/2 yrs old. She was one of the most pure loving and caring persons I’ve ever known. Unlike its somewhat formal Swiss city namesake, this is a lively and appealing place-name that also has a real history as a female name. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Geneva. Alternatively, it might have originated as a diminutive form of Genevieve.The Geneva Conventions, provide standards for the humane treatment of the prisoners and victims of war.My Mom, of German descent was named Geneva.

Plus, Genevieve has way too many e's.Never considered this, but it would be gorgeous unique middle name.My first thought is the Geneva convention. She didn't like it at first and it's amazing to me how many people stumble over it (really?? Find out more about the name Geneva at BabyNames.com. It's so sweet.Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Origin of the name Geneva: Of disputed origin, Geneva might be a borrowing of the name of a city and lake in Switzerland, which is derived from the Old French genevre (juniper berry). The name Geneva means Juniper Berry and is of French origin. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Geneva. In Montgomery Ohio in May there is a Geneva Wagner Day... Named for my Mom... She passed in 1988 from Breast/Ovarian Cancer. Geneva is by far way better than Genevieve. I think this is a beautiful and unique-but-not-weird name for any girl!My kids have a French-Canadian last name so Geneva was a great choice for our now 13 yr old daughter. Of disputed origin, Geneva might be a borrowing of the name of a city and lake in Switzerland, which is derived from the Old French genevre (juniper berry). !Beautiful name! have you never heard of the city, lake, peace accords, etc??). The name has indeed been influenced by other names. Geneva is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. We call her Neva for short.This name conjures up the cobble stoned plazas of cafés and cathedrals, like any European place-name.