El Mayor Tequila Vs Patron, Tibia Ring Of Healing, Vestas Salary Denmark, Milk Glass No Markings, Kareem Hunt Wife, Trainspotting 2 Cast, German Shepherd Birth, How Does Tb Kill You, Fcs Championship 2020, Katie Kaboom Intro, Randy Newman - I Love La Lyrics, Dennis Edwards Obituary, Haight Ashbury Thrift Stores, Pienza Italy Real Estate, How To Make Soft Clay Osrs, Shemar Moore Mom Illness, Finland Tanks WW2, Six Billion Dollar Man, Batman: Holy Terror Value, Cox Cable Metv Channel, Nadi To Suva, Mexico City Maps, Maureen Edwards Obituary, Astrazeneca Logo Svg, Maternal Family Tree, Pittsburg California News, Calliope Pronunciation Homestuck, Blaze The Trail Cat, How To Cancel My énergie Fitness Membership, Canmore Houses For Sale, Jordan Fuller Brother, Crisalidas By Fernando Maria Guerrero Summary, Mauldin Paver Parts, Rob Manfred Linkedin, Nissa, Who Shakes The World, Fuller's Fried Chicken Menu, Bafta Tv Nominations 2020, Egyptian God Of Pain, Triana Last Name Meaning, Frozen Themed Snacks, Polly Emma Stoker, Traditional Foods Of Southern France, Sub Zero Meter, Nets Roster 2020, Rebirth For You Wiki, Silvia Navarro Instagram, Garth Brooks Drive-in Concert Locations, Griffon Summoners War, Cincinnati Police Officers Names, Ridgeland, Ms Shopping, Lee County Build, Textile Engineering Schools, Nba Teams All Time, Destiny 2 Catalyst Collections, Assassin's Creed The Invisible Imam, Riviera Maya, Mexico, Siege Of Corinth, What Does Fjord Mean, Allstate Call Center Jobs, Pandia Press Earth And Environment, Chris Bowen Media Release, Alicia Spinnet Yule Ball, Niele Ivey Memphis Grizzlies Salary, Are Elephants Black, Madagascar Marty Scream, Main Street Breckenridge Restaurants, Realistic Pug Cake, 28mm Cyborg Miniatures, Croydon Pool League, Tübingen Weather April, Food Delivery Cardiff, Sanofi Annual Report 2019, John Mcvay Obe, Laquan Mcdonald Documentary,

Representing the Biden campaign were the four main members of his vetting team: Dodd, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester of Delaware, Los Angeles Mayor …

She's now an assistant whip on the House leadership team.Carper said he offered her some advice the night she was asked to join Biden's vetting team — to "do what Dick Cheney did for George W. Bush and get yourself selected as the running mate."

According to estimates by the Center for American Progress, the passage of the Clean Slate Act could boost the U.S. economy by as much as $87 billion per year.Traveling up and down the state, Lisa is an advocate for the needs of every community, which informs her work in Washington. Recently, she rose from the first pew at Bethel AME church and pulled down her bright red face mask to implore Biden to act after the death of George Floyd. "Be in the know. "I will carry all of that with me as I try to help us get the next vice president and ultimately win back the White House. Home: Staff: Lisa Blunt Rochester: Lisa Blunt Rochester Executive Leadership & Systems Manager/Senior Research Fellow. She also promised to speak up for the specific qualifications of black women leaders: "My middle name is Blunt and so that's what I am. "Having diverse voices around the table allows you to be able to look at qualifications in a different way," Glynda Carr, the CEO and president of Higher Heights, a PAC dedicated to electing more women, told CBS News. Two days before the Iowa caucuses in February, in front of a packed crowd in Cedar Rapids, Biden recognized three members of the Blunt family whom he said have been "important to me my whole career." "She may be the most caring, loving person in public in life I have ever known," Carper said. He credited his current popularity among black voters in part to "great African-American leaders back in my home state," including the congresswoman's father, Ted Blunt, who served on the Wilmington city council for more than two decades. Lisa sits on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. In addition to a small group of family and advisers, Joe Biden is relying on two-term Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester, the first woman and African-American elected to Congress in … She graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University with a degree in International Relations and put herself through graduate school as a working mom – earning a master’s degree in Urban Affairs and Public Policy from the University of Delaware. Lisa brings to Congress a fresh, common-sense approach and believes we can find common ground to help people improve their lives and communities. "Our breath has been taken away and we gotta get it back," she told Biden, who was just feet away as her voice quivered. ), and Congressman A. Donald McEachin (D-Va.), and which would block Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from finalizing an insufficiently protective National Ambient … She worked with allies in Delaware and Washington to help usher this critical piece of legislation into law – aiding homeowners and setting aside hundreds of acres for environmental protection.With deep roots in the First State, Lisa grew up in Wilmington, graduated from Padua Academy, and worked her first job at the McDonald’s on Market Street.

"If we want to transform this country, this is the time to recognize...the leadership of black women," the congresswoman said on the livestream. "We won't be taken for granted. The committee has broad jurisdiction over health care, the environment, commerce and trade, energy policy, telecommunications, manufacturing, and consumer protection.In the 115th Congress, Lisa was a member of the House Committee on Agriculture – the first Delawarean to serve on the committee in over 120 years. In this role, she helped craft the 2018 Farm Bill, which is a five-year re-authorization that extends U.S. Department of Agriculture programs related to the farm safety net; nutrition programs that feed children, seniors, people with disabilities, and families who rely on the social support programs; land-grant and 1890 universities; and agriculture research.As a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and a strong proponent of reforming our criminal justice system, Lisa introduced first-in-the-nation legislation, the Clean Slate Act, sealing the federal records of former nonviolent offenders that remain crime-free and have earned a second chance. Raised in Wilmington, Lisa Blunt Rochester comes from a family committed to public service. DOVER, Del. Lisa sits on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. WASHINGTON — Today, the U.S. House of Representatives adopted an amendment to the Environment and Interior Division of H.R. She left 2½ hours later. Turning their concerns into action, Lisa reached across the aisle to work with Democrats and Republicans across the country with similarly affected mapping units and introduced the Strengthening Coastal Communities Act. Having met with homeowners in the South Shore Marina development in North Bethany Beach, she learned of an error in the U.S. She said on the livestream that she "respects" the calls for a "black woman vice president because it's not like it would be a favor." Lisa is focused on reducing the cost of health care and prescription drugs for middle-class families, addressing the disparity in outcomes for communities of color, and tackling our nation’s opioid and addiction epidemic. Carr is calling for Biden to pick a black woman.Blunt Rochester has not explicitly said that she is urging Biden to choose a black woman to be his running mate. In 2001, as Delaware's director of state personnel, she authored a 76-page statewide She knows this from personal experience. "We got plans, we've got plenty of plans [but] we need action, we need resources. The congresswoman said Biden confided to her that he had already decided to pick a woman running mate if he were to clinch the nomination, a private commitment that came a full year before he stated it publicly.Hours after he publicly declared his candidacy, the congresswoman endorsed him and was on TV fielding tough questions about his record. Lisa Blunt Rochester's life has been about expanding opportunity for everyone. She serves as a Member of the Bipartisan Heroin Task Force, comprised of more than 100 members united with the common goal of tackling opioid addiction.